Msenge Emoyeni Wind Energy Facility.
Project Name: Msenge Emoyeni Wind Energy Facility
Applicant: Amakhala Emoyeni Renewable Energy (Pty) Ltd
Proposed Amendments: In terms of the amendment to the Environmental Authorisation (EA) received in August 2012, the project description for the wind energy facility refers to 93 wind turbines each with a maximum generating capacity between 1.5MW and 3MW, a hub height of 100m and a rotor diameter of 122m. Amakhala Emoyeni Wind Farm Renewable Energy (Pty) Ltd is requesting DEA to amend the project description as described in the authorisation as follows:
- The turbine specification (as specified in the amended EA) is to change to:
- Up to 50 wind turbines;
- Hub height: up to 135m;
- Rotor Diameter: up to 160m; and
- Up to 5.4MW in generating capacity for each turbine.
Project Location: The project site is located in the Blue Crane Route Local Municipality in the Eastern Cape Province on the following properties:
- Portion 1 of the Farm Brakfontein 220;
- Remainder of the Farm Leeuw Fontein 221;
- Portion 2 and the Remainder of the Farm Paarde Kloof 223;
- Remainder of the Farm Wilgem Bush 227;
- Portion 3 of the Farm Plat House 203;
- Portion 2 of the Farm 222;
- Remainder of the Farm Taai Fontein 224;
- Remainder of the Farm Olive Woods Estate169;
- Remainder of the Farm 225; and
- Portion 1 of the Farm Normandale 206.
In terms of Condition 5 of the Environmental Authorisation and Regulation 31 of the EIA Regulations of December 2014, as amended in 07 April 2017, it is possible for an applicant to apply, in writing, to the competent authority for a change or deviation from the project description to be approved.
Motivation Report available for Public Review: Savannah Environmental has compiled a Motivation Report in support of the amendment application. The Motivation Report is available for public review and comment between 13 July 2018 and 13 August 2018 at www.savannahsa.com. CDs including the report will be available on request. The due date for written comment is 13 August 2018.
Rozanne Els of Savannah Environmental
Post: P.O. Box 148, Sunninghill, 2157 , Johannesburg
Tel: 011 656 3237 | Fax: 086 684 0547
Documents for public review are available for download.
In order receive a password to access the documents, please contact us by sending a request and your interest in this project to email@example.com.