Mutsho Power Project and Associated Infrastructure on a site near Makhando (Louis Trichardt), Limpopo Province.
Project Name: Mutsho Power Project
Applicant: Mutsho Power (Pty) Ltd
Proposed Activity: The construction, and operation of a baseload coal-fired combustion power station and associated infrastructure, including:
- Power station development footprint of approximately 350ha in extent.
- Power station with a contracted capacity of up to 600MW.
- Power generation units utilising Supercritical (SC) Circulating Fluidised Bed (CFB) Boiler Technology.
- Direct dry (i.e. air) cooling methods.
- Dry ash disposal methods.
- Zero Liquid Effluent Discharge (ZLED) facility.
- Coal to be sourced from Makhado Colliery, to be developed approximately 20km south-east of the project site, and transferred to site via road or rail.
Project Location: Remainder of the Farm Du Toit 563 and Remainder of the Farm Vrienden 589, located approximately 43km south of Musina and 40km north of Makhado (Louis Trichardt), in the Musina Local Municipality, Vhembe District, Limpopo Province.
EIA Process: An Integrated Application for Environmental Authorisation (EA) and a Waste Management License (WML) has been prepared for the project. A full Scoping and Environmental Impact Assessment (S&EIA) process is required to obtain EA in accordance with the National Environmental Management Act (No. 107 of 1998) (NEMA), and 2014 EIA Regulations (GNR 326); and a WML in accordance with the National Environmental Management: Waste Act (No. 59 of 2009) (NEM:WA), and the List of Waste Management Activities (GNR 921). The S&EIA process is also being undertaken in support of future applications for an Atmospheric Emissions License (AEL) required under the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act (No. 39 of 2004) (NEM:AQA), and the List of Activities resulting in Atmospheric Emissions (GNR 893); and a Water Use License (WUL) required under the National Water Act (No. 36 of 1998) (NWA), and the Regulations Regarding the Procedural Requirements for Water Use License Application and Appeals (GNR 267).
EIA Report Available for Review: An EIA Report is available for download on our website.
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click email@example.com to access the document.