Notice of External Compliance Audit (Section 54) Public Participation Process: Karoshoek Solar Valley Development, Upington, Northern Cape Province
Development of the Karoshoek Solar Valley Development approximately 30km east of Upington, in the Dawid Kruiper Local Municipality and the greater ZF Mgcawu District Municipality in the Northern Cape. The development consists of twelve (12) projects including:
- Karoshoek CPVPD 1 (1×25 MW Concentrating Photovoltaic or Parabolic Dish) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/292
- Karoshoek CPVPD 2 (1×25 MW Concentrating Photovoltaic or Parabolic Dish) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/291
- Karoshoek CPVPD 3 (1×25 MW Concentrating Photovoltaic or Parabolic Dish) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/290
- Karoshoek CPVPD 4 (1×25 MW Concentrating Photovoltaic or Parabolic Dish) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/289
- Karoshoek LF1 (1x100MW Linear Fresnel) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/293
- Karoshoek PT (1x100MW Parabolic Trough) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/294
- Karishoek LFT2 (1x100MW Linear Fresnel or Parabolic Trough) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/299
- Karoshoek Tower 1 (1x50MW Tower) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/298
- Karoshoek Tower 2 (1x50MW Tower) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/297
- Karoshoek LFTT1 (1x100MW Linear Fresnel or Parabolic Trough or Tower) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/296
- Karoshoek LFTT2 (1x100MW Linear Fresnel or Parabolic Trough or Tower) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/295
- Karoshoek Grid Integration Infrastructure (on-site substation/switchyard and 400kV power line(s)) –
DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/288
No activities related to the Karoshoek Solar Valley Development have commenced to date.
Properties affected by the Karoshoek Solar Valley Development includes:
- Portion 0 of Karos 959;
- Portion 3 of Annashoek 41;
- Portion 0 of Zandemm 944;
- Portion 2 of Matjiesrivier 41;
- Remaining Extent of Matjiesrivier 41;
- Portion 4 of Vaal Koppies 40;
- Portion 62 of Vaal Koppies 40; and
- Portion 6 of Vaal Koppies 40.
External Compliance Audit: In terms of Section 54(A)(3) of the EIA Regulations 2014 of GNR 326, Independent External Compliance Audits (“S54 Audit”) are required to verify compliance towards the Environmental Management Programmes (EMPr) for the projects. This advertisement hereby notifies all potential and registered interested and affected parties, including organs of state with applicable jurisdiction as well as the competent authority, of the submission of the external compliance audit reports to the competent authority. These reports are available at https://www.savannahsa.com/public-documents/other/ for 14 days from date of publication.
Please direct any queries, information requests or comments to the DEA compliance directorate, at the following: Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) Legal Authorisations and Compliance Inspectorate
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click email@example.com to access the document.