NOTICE OF AN EXTERNAL COMPLIANCE AUDIT (SECTION 54) AND PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCESS:SOLARRESERVE KOTULO TSATSI CONCENTRATED SOLAR POWER FACILITIES 1, 2 AND 3 AND PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER PLANT 2, NORTHERN CAPE PROVINCE
Development of the SolarReserve Kotulo Tsatsi Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Facilities 1, 2 and 3 and Photovoltaic (PV) Power Plant 2 approximately 70km south west of Kenhardt within the Hantam Local Municipality of the Namakwa District Municipality and the Kai !Garib Local Municipality of the ZF Mgcawu District Municipality. The four projects are known as:
- The 200MW SolarReserve Kotulo Tsatsi Concentrated Solar Power Facility 1 (CSP 1) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/694/1
- The 200MW SolarReserve Kotulo Tsatsi Concentrated Solar Power Facility 2 (CSP 2) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/694/2
- The 200MW Kotulo Tsatsi (Pty) Ltd CSP facility (CSP3) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/694
- The Kotulo Tsatsi Photovoltaic Power Plant 2 (PV 2) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/696
No activities related to the four projects have commenced to date.
Properties affected by the four projects include:
- Portion 1, 2 and 3 of the Farm Styns Vley 280;
- Portion 2 of the Farm Kopjes Vley 281;
- Portion 1 of the Farm Melkbosch Vley 278;
- Portion 1 and the Remainder of the Farm Manier Tyds Kolkies;
- Portion 2 of the Farm Karree Boom Kolk 248;
- Portion 1 and Portion 2 of the Farm Voren Toe Zyn Kolk 277;
- Portion 1, 2 and 4 of the Farm Klein Zwart Bast 188; and
- Portion 14 and 15 of the Farm Olyven Kolk 187.
In terms of Section 54(A)(3) of the EIA Regulations 2014 of GNR 326, Independent External Compliance Audits (“S54 Audit”) are required to verify compliance towards the Environmental Management Programmes (EMPr) for the projects. This advertisement hereby notifies all potential and registered interested and affected parties, including organs of state with applicable jurisdiction as well as the competent authority, of the submission of the external compliance audit reports to the competent authority. These reports are available at https://www.savannahsa.com/public-documents/other/ for 14 days from date of this notification.
Please direct any queries, information requests or comments to the DEA compliance directorate, at the following:
Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) Legal Authorisations and Compliance Inspectorate
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click email@example.com to access the document.