NOTICE OF AN EXTERNAL COMPLIANCE AUDIT (SECTION 54A) AND PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCESS:
PV FACILITIES AND POWER LINE ON THE FARM ZUURWATER, NEAR AGGENEYS, NORTHERN CAPE PROVINCE
Notification of Submission of Section 54(A)(3) Audit Reports to the Competent Authority
As a registered Interested and Affected Party for the development of PV facilities, please be advised that in terms of Section 54(a)(3) of the EIA regulations (GNR 326, 7 April 2018), Savannah Environmental (Pty) Ltd has undertaken an external environmental compliance audit and prepare an external environmental compliance audit report assessing Zuurwater’s (Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3, Phase 4, Phase 5, Unit 4, Unit 5 and Power Line) compliance with the Environmental Management Programme (EMPr) applicable to the project.
Development of PV Facilities and associated infrastructure located at the farm Zuurwater which is located within the Khai-Ma Local Municipality in the Namakwa District Municipality in the Northern Cape has reference.
The PV Facilities and associated infrastructure consists of seven (7) authorised projects including:
- PV Plant on the farm Zuurwater No.62 , near Aggeneys (Phase 1)– DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/470
- PV Plant on the farm Zuurwater No.62 , near Aggeneys (Phase 2) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/471
- PV Plant on the farm Zuurwater No.62 , near Aggeneys (Phase 3) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/472
- PV Plant on the farm Zuurwater No.62 , near Aggeneys (Phase 4) – DEA Ref.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/473
- PV Plant on the farm Zuurwater No.62 , near Aggeneys (Unit 4) – DEA Ref.:12/12/20/2334/4
- PV Plant on the farm Zuurwater No.62 , near Aggeneys (Unit 5) – DEA Ref.:12/12/20/2334/5;
- Power Line from Aggeneys Solar One Energy Facility to the Aggeneis MTS Substation on Remaining extent of Portion 3 of the Farm Zuurwater 62 – DEA Ref.:14/12/16/3/3/1/1270
No activities related to the Zuurwater PV Facilities or associated infrastructure has commenced to date.
The property affected by the proposed PV facilities is the Farm Zuurwater No.62, within the Namakwa District Municipality.
In terms of Section 54(A)(3) of the EIA Regulations 2014 of GNR 326, an independent External Compliance Audits (‘ a S54 Audit’) is required to verify compliance with the Environmental Management Programmes (EMPr) for the project. This advertisement hereby notifies all potential and registered interested and affected parties, including organs of state with applicable jurisdiction as well as the competent authority, of the submission of the external compliance audit report to the competent authority. The report is available for inspection at https://www.savannahsa.com/public-documents/other/ for 14 days from date of this notification.
Please direct any queries, information requests or comments to the DEA compliance directorate, at the following:
Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) Legal Authorisations and Compliance Inspectorate
Public Participation and Social Consultant
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click firstname.lastname@example.org to access the document.